Waiting: 42 Days of Prayer and Fasting
March 28, 2017 | by: 0 Comments|
Transition is coming to Redeemer Church. It is a good transition and a blessing. Redeemer has received a gift of a church building and land from Grace Christian Church in Hendersonville. Very soon, Redeemer will call 177 Bonita Parkway in Hendersonville our new home.
Right now, we are in a period of waiting. We are waiting on the legal system and logistical matters to be worked out so this gift can officially become ours. The waiting period is expected to last until May 7 or about 42 days from last Sunday.
I am interested with how we will spend these 42 days. I do not want us to get so lost in logistics, legal documentation, planning meetings, work days and renovation that we forget to seek the Lord’s direction for us in this matter. I do not want us to forget that it is God who is blessing us through this gift from Grace Christian and praise Him. I do not want us to forget that God has given us this gift with a Kingdom purpose to steward.
As we wait, I want us to spend our time looking to God. I am calling our church to invest in prayer and fasting during the next 42 days of waiting. We are asking God to give us wisdom and blessing in what lies ahead for us. We are asking God to show us what we should do and to help us do it. I am asking you to join me.
"From of old no one has heard or perceived by the ear, no eye has seen a God besides you, who acts for those who wait for him.” (Isaiah 64:4, ESV)
Seven Topics of Prayer
- Pray for Holiness in our congregation.
- Pray for leaders and decision making teams to have Kingdom vision, gospel boldness and abundant wisdom.
- Pray for the people of Grace Christian Church who are also making transition.
- Pray for God’s provision in the direction that He will give us.
- Pray for new discipleship relationships within Redeemer.
- Pray for new evangelistic relationships for Redeemer and our people.
- Pray for unchurched and dechurched people to connect with Redeemer.
How to Participate:
- Pray with us corporately in our Worship Gatherings (April 2 through May 7).
- Read and mediate over selected weekly Bible readings over the next six weeks. These readings will fuel our personal prayer, family prayer and Community Group meetings.
- Pray together in your Community Group.
- Join us in Wednesday fasting and prayer on March 29, April 5, April 12, April 19, April 26 and May 3.
- Pray daily with your family.
- Pray daily personally.
- Join us to end Waiting: 42 Days of Prayer and Fasting with a fellowship meal together on Sunday, May 7.
We will post all future updates & other communication for Waiting: 42 Days of Prayer and Fasting on our website, via weekly email and on social media via Twitter and our Facebook Page. Members of our Facebook Group will also receive all of our periodic updates.
Comments for this post have been disabled.